Is Zoo season 4 happening? Will Jackson Oz and his team return for the fourth instalment? We’re keeping track of all the latest TV details and information news. So, this page is the place to track the status of Zoo season 4!
Zoo is an American drama TV series centred on James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge’s 2012 book of the same name. Here’s everything about Zoo season 4, including its renewal status, release date, expected cast, and other updates!
Zoo season 4: What’s the TV show about?
Airing on the CBS television network, Zoo stars James Wolk as zoologist Jackson Oz. The cast also includes Kristen7 Connolly, Nonso Anozie, Billy Burke, Alyssa Diaz, Josh Salatin, and Gracie Dzienny.
The show is based on the abnormal behaviour of animals during the African safaris. Oz and his team conduct a research to figure out the reason behind the stranger animal behaviour. Meanwhile, the animals’ assaults become more cunning, coordinated, and ferocious.
Zoo season 4 renewal status: Will it be renewed or cancelled?
The show debuted on CBS on June 30, 2015. CBS renewed Zoo for a second season on October 2, 2015, which debuted on June 28, 2016. The show was renewed for a third season August 10, 2016, which debuted on June 29, 2017.
After the third season, CBS officially confirmed that they would not continue ahead with the fourth installment of Zoo. A representative from the company disclosed that it was difficult decision. The primary cause for the program’s cancellation was due to poor viewership. The show earned only a 0.51 score in the 18 to 41 demo and merely about 2.50 million watchers. This is a major decline in ratings and viewership compared to seasons 1 & 2. The viewership saw a decline of 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively. Hence, CBS announced the show’s cancellation.
“Well I can tell you this: If Billy Burke wasn’t having a good time, Billy Burke wouldn’t be there! This show has been nothing but two tons of fun for all of us. There’s a really great balance of making an action drama and getting the tone that we’re going for, and over the past few seasons we really made a steady march toward what the tone of this show could and would be. It’s a balance between giving the audience a steady and exciting ride and not taking itself too seriously. I think we’ve been able to continue to grow in that direction, and the writers and producers have done a great job with that.”
He continued, “On the other side of that, in the practical sense on set every day, we just enjoy doing it. We enjoy the company. And everybody new who has come in, they all automatically get it as well. They all come in with that attitude of, “Let’s have some fun! Lets kick this s–t up.” And that’s the way it’s always been.”
Zoo season 4 cast: Who’s going to be in it?
If Zoo season 4 were to happen, we could expect almost all the cast members to reappear. Here’s a list of previous characters.
- James Wolk as Jackson Oz, a zoologist
- Kristen Connolly as Jamie Campbell, a journalist
- Nonso Anozie as Abraham Kenyatta, a safari guide
- Nora Arnezeder as Chloe Tousignant, a French intelligence investigator
- Billy Burke as Dr. Mitch Morgan, a veterinary pathologist
- Alyssa Diaz as Dariela Marzan
- Josh Salatin as Logan Jones/Edward Collins
- Gracie Dzienny as Clementine Lewis
- Ken Olin as Professor Robert Oz
- Bess Armstrong as Dr. Elizabeth Oz
- Benoit Cransac as Pascal
- Henri Lubatti as Gaspard Alves
- Marcus Hester as Evan Lee Hartley
- Carl Lumbly as Thomas Delavenne
- Geoff Stults as FBI Agent Ben Shaffer
- Madison Wolfe as Young Clementine Lewis
- Anastasia Griffith as Audra Lewis
- Gonzalo Menendez as Gustavo Silva
- Michael Scott as Enzo
- Yvonne Welch as Gabriela Machado
- Steven Culp as Clayton Burke
- Xander Berkeley as Ronnie “Dogstick” Brannigan
- Warren Christie as Ray Endicott
- Jayne Atkinson as Amelia Sage
- April Grace as Eleanor
- Tom Butler as Greg Hopper
- Peter Outerbridge as General Andrew Davies
- Joanne Kelly as Allison Shaw
- Edward Foy as Father Pete Harris
- Robin Thomas as Dr. Max Morgan
- Athena Karkanis as Abigail Westbrook
- Hilary Jardine as Tessa
- Sophina Brown as Leanne Ducovny
- Michael Hogan as Henry Garrison
- Delon de Metz as Sam Parker
Zoo season 4 release date: When’s the show set to premiere?
CBS stated in October 2013 that it has granted Zoo “a unique pilot production commitment for a project originating from sister CBS TV Studios.” The series was awarded a 13-episode straight-to-series order in July 2014 and was added to the network’s summer schedule.
As it is already clear that the show is cancelled due to low ratings, there’s no release date for season 4 and it definitely won’t happen. The third season was the final outing of the series.
Zoo season 4: Ratings!
The third season of Zoo averaged a 0.51 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.65 million viewers.
Where to watch Zoo season 4?
You may now watch the complete series on Netflix. If the fourth season is released on CBS, it will also be available on Netflix!
What time does “Zoo” come on?
Zoo aired N/A ET / N/A PT on CBS. You can also find out Zoo air times in different time zones!