Written and directed by Hugo Blick, “The English” is a revisionist western TV standalone series produced by the BBC and Amazon Prime. The show stars Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer and many others. The six-part series was released in the UK on BBC Two and iPlayer on November 10, 2022, and in the US on Amazon Prime Video on November 11, 2022.
Upon release, the standalone series mainly received favorable responses from both the audience and critics alike. Following this, it is no wonder why fans are eagerly awaiting the return of its second season.
Here’s everything to know about Season 2 of The English.
The English Season 2: Renewed or Canceled?
As of January 2023, the series has yet to be renewed for a second season. Moreover, most miniseries do not return for another season but in this case, the show is massively popular among the audience so it is up to the network to decide whether or not they will produce a second season.
However, it is safe to assume that the series will most definitely be back for more. Stay tuned!
The English Season 2 Release Date: When is it?
Even if a renewal does happen, fans would have to wait for some time as the second season won’t be any time soon. Also filming for the first season was due to commence back in September 2020, but was postponed because of the pandemic before finally commencing in the Summer of 2021. And this is only physical production not including the writing works.
So if we’ll have to make a guess when the second season will be out, it probably won’t be out somewhere in 2024 at the earliest.
The Cast of The English Season 2
Here’s the full list of the cast members of The English.
- Emily Blunt plays Lady Cornelia Locke
- Chaske Spencer plays Sgt. Eli Whipp / Wounded Wolf
- Rafe Spall in the role of David Melmont
- Tom Hughes plays Thomas Trafford
- Stephen Rea portrays Sheriff Robert Marshall
- Valerie Pachner will play Martha Myers
- Toby Jones in the role of Sebold Cusk
- Ciaran Hinds plays Richard M Watts
- Malcolm Storry portrays Red Morgan
- Nichola McAuliffe in the character of Black Eyed Mog
- Cristian Solimeno plays Clay Jackson
- Miguel Alvarez plays Timothy Flynn
- Steve Wall in the role of Thin ‘Kell’ Kelly
- Gary Farmer plays John Clarke
- Kimberly Norris Guerrero in the role of Katie Clarke
- Tonantzin Carmelo plays Touching Ground
What to Expect in Season 2 of The English
Currently, nothing is revealed about season two of The English yet, as BBC and Amazon have not bestowed the green signal for a follow-up.
While there’s less chance of getting a sophomore season, the series still can continue. If it is greenlit, the story could center on Eli or Cornelia in years before the time jump at season one’s finale or the creators could introduce new faces in the next season.
How Many Episodes Are There in Season 1 of The English?
The English is a six-episode miniseries. The list of episodes are:
- Episode 1: What You Want & What You Need
- Episode 2: Path of the Dead
- Episode 3: Vultures on the Line
- Episode 4: The Wounded Wolf
- Episode 5: The Buffalo Gun
- Episode 6: Cherished