Ever since the release of Season 3, fans are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next season of A Discovery Of Witches. Due to its outstanding storyline and characters’ performance, this show has managed to garner plenty of fans, who adore snickering at the series and binge-watching the characters time and again. The significant question, however, is: will there be another season? Or has Diana and Matthew’s story already come to an end? Let’s figure it out.
A Discovery of Witches is a British fantasy TV show, based on the “All Souls Trilogy” by Deborah Harkness. The show is produced by Sky productions and Bad Wolf, starring some of the most recognised faces: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode, Edward Bluemel, Louise Brealey, Malin Buska, Aiysha Hart, Owen Teale, Alex Kingston, and Valarie Pettiford. The series has received a lot of appreciation from the critics as well as the audience.
A Discovery Of Witches Season 4 – Renewed or Cancelled?
The first season of A Discovery Of Witches premiered in the United Kingdom on Sky One – on 14th September 2018. It proved to be a huge hit! Likewise, measuring the success of the show, the second season was released on 8th January 2021. Correspondingly, the third season aired on 7th January 2022 on Sky Max.
The show is based on Deborah Harkness’ trilogy and all the three parts of the book have been covered in the three seasons of the web series. So, what do you think: will season 4 be renewed or cancelled? As of now, there have been no official announcements made by the showrunners regarding the renewal of season 4.
However, we think that season 4 won’t be renewed – unless the developers come with a whole new concept. Considering that the storyline has ended and there’s nothing left to cover, guess we won’t see our favourite witch anymore. Yes, season 3 is the last season of the epic series – and we won’t get a renewal!
As per RadioTimes, season 3 will be the last as they have mentioned the final season in their recent tweet about the A Discovery of Witches Season 3. Besides, the synopsis of season 3 also said it’s going to be the last season!
So no, there is no fourth season for A Discovery of Witches. But that doesn’t imply fans will definitely never see these characters again!! Guess we might get a spin-off, no?
A Discovery Of Witches: Star Cast
Now that we know that the series has already ended with the third part of the book being produced, the story of Diana and Matthew has come to an end. As for the cast, the actors and actresses did a terrific job! Here’s a list of the cast members that featured in all the 3 seasons.
- Teresa Palmer as Diana Bishop
- Matthew Goode as Matthew Clairmont
- Edward Bluemel as Marcus Whitmore,
- Louise Brealey as Gillian Chamberlain
- Malin Buska as Satu Järvinen
- Aiysha Hart as Miriam Shephard
- Owen Teale as Peter Knox
- Alex Kingston as Sarah Bishop
- Lindsay Duncan as Ysabeau de Clermont
- James Purefoy as Philippe de Clermont
- Steven Cree as Gallowglass
- Tom Hughes as Kit Marlowe
- Michael Lindall as Walter Raleigh
- Elaine Cassidy as Louisa de Clermont
- Sheila Hancock as Goody Alsop
- Paul Rhys as Andrew Hubbard
- Holly Aird as Françoise
- Adelle Leonce as Phoebe Taylor
- Sultan Salahuddin playing Simon James’s role.
- Kareme Young would be seen performing Kareme Odom
- Chandra Russell will appear as Sergeant Turner
- Bashir Salahuddin would be seen in Officer Goodnight’s character
- Lil Rel Howery would play as Terrence Bishop
- Zuri Salahuddin would be cast as Stacy
- Quincy Young will probably be seen in Quincy Odom’s role
- Diallo Riddle would be seen as Allen Gayle
What did the Cast say about A Discovery Of Witches?
In an interview with Digital Spy, Steven Cree said, “I would 100 per cent be up for more Gallowglass – I don’t know whether Sky has the rights to do that, though. Gallowglass is a great character. It’s been like playing two characters because in season two he is like a rock ‘n’ roll vampire in the Elizabethan era, and in season three he is a motorbiker vampire [in the present day] who is in a completely different state of mind.”
Star Terese Palmer (Diana), when asked about the show said, “I would say ‘bittersweet’ is sort of the perfect word. I’ve been able to be with Diana for a few years now and just seeing where she began and where the journey finishes, I feel so ready to have parted with her because I think she landed in such a beautiful place. But I think at the same time, it was hard to say goodbye.” Stay tuned for more updates!